RETURN to Sonycine.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore cinematography and making the most of your gear.

YOUTH v GOV - Netflix Documentary - SHOT ON SONY!

Danny_Schmidt

I wanted to share the trailer to a documentary I had the great pleasure of working on, called YOUTH v GOV.  I was one of a few DPs on this long form doc project directed by my dear friend and stellar filmmaker, Christi Cooper.   We shot the project almost entirely on Sony cameras (mostly on the work horse FS7) and Canon lenses.  Hats off to Christi for seeing this project through and for keeping this beast on track over the years.  Making a feature is no small task, but Christi rallied and continually set up her team for success in this important storytelling mission.  

A bit about the film:

YOUTH v GOV is the story of America’s youth taking on the world’s most powerful government. Armed with a wealth of evidence, twenty-one courageous leaders file a ground-breaking lawsuit against the U.S. government, asserting it has willfully acted over six decades to create the climate crisis, thus endangering their constitutional rights to life, liberty, and property. If these young people are successful, they will not only make history, they will change the future.

The whole film is available on Netflix, but you can watch the trailer here!

#SONYFS7

• Like 1