RETURN to Sonycine.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore cinematography and making the most of your gear.

Danny Schmidt // INTRODUCTION

Danny_Schmidt

Hi All!  My name is Danny Schmidt and I am a full-time cinematographer and filmmaker and a Sony Cine Ambassador.  First of all, I just want to say how excited I am to take part in the official Sony Cine Forums.  I know this will be an awesome place to learn from each other and chat about the world of filmmaking, camera gear, cinematography, and art of translating the real world to film.  

I am psyched to meet more of you as the Forums take shape, but in the meantime here is a bit more about me and what I do.  I’ve been working professionally in nonfiction film for over 10 years.  I took a rather circuitous path to get here, but it more or less started when I finished my MFA in Documentary Film in 2012 and was thrust into the real world to try and figure out how the business works.  It’s been a journey - lots of trial and error, many lessons learned, and plenty of hard work - and one that I am very much still on.  There are so many stories to tell in this world, and the camera is such an infinitely fascinating way to interpret our reality and generate empathy in an audience.  

This job has taken me on adventures around the globe.  I am excited to chat with all of you about your own adventures (and misadventures) in filmmaking and to form a community from which we can all draw inspiration.  I’ll be posting regularly - sometimes long and thoughtful, other times with just a simple prompt to start a conversation.  

You can see more of my work here: www.dannyschmidtfilms.com

Please share your own websites, reels, and portfolios in your introductions so we can see what you’ve all been working on.

🤠 🎥

17i98A51419459E55EA.thumb.jpg.22a36f467c7c8e76af111649eab6649b.jpg

In my Kit:

#SonyFX6 #SonyFX9 #lotsoflenses #cartonitripods 

#

• Like 4

Danny is too modest! He won't brag about himself but I will 😁 Danny is a multiple award-winning filmmaker. He's won Emmys, a Grand Teton award from the Jackson Wild Film Festival and I believe he is most proud of the fact that his film on the Florida Wildlife Corridor resulted in tens of millions of dollars of funding for conservation in Florida! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...